These homemade gummies are super easy to make and so much healthier than what you'll find in the candy aisle. Plus, with added benefits of gut supporting grass-fed gelatin, immune boosting elerberry, and melatonin-boosting cherry juice (that means a better night's sleep), these are a sure win for the whole family!
Servings: 20 gummies
- 1 cup organic cherry juice
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp raw honey (preferably local)
- 3 tbsp grass-fed gelatin
- 2 tbsp elderberry syrup (optional; see note below)
- Add cherry juice, lemon juice, and honey to a small saucepan.
- Sprinkle gelatin on top and allow to "bloom" for about 5 minutes. Juice will thicken.
- Set saucepan over LOW heat and begin stirring gently with a whisk until juice mixture thins. Continue whisking for a few minutes until gelatin is completely dissolved. Do not allow mixture to heat beyond slightly warm.
- When gelatin is completely dissolved, pour juice mixture into small, individual silicone molds...½ to 1 tablespoon per gummie. You can also pour into a small baking dish coated with coconut oil.
- Refrigerate gelatin mixture and allow to set for 2 hours.
- Remove gummies from molds when they're cold to prevent breaking. If you used a baking dish, cut into individual squares.
- Store refrigerated in an airtight container for 1 week...if they last that long!
Enjoy 1 or 2 gummies a day, and especially before bedtime. Cherry juice can increase your circulating melatonin levels...your natural sleep hormone. I used R.W. Knudsen organic cherry juice One of my favorite sources for grass-fed, pasture-raised gelatin is Further Food Here is my recipe for Elderberry Syrup